My Frozen Bahama Madness is a throwback to that moment you first discovered what paradise means to you. Take a moment for yourself, sit, and enjoying the view. As the cabana boy hands you a frozen concoction, he smiles. With your first sip you realize this perfect moment just got a little bit better.
With 6oz of alcohol, this tropical drink is not for everyone.
It's strong and sweet all the the same time. Of course you can cut all the spirits in half for a version that is not as strong. And hey, that is ok!
The pineapple cup adds a nice tropical touch helping you go back to your throwback moment. When you are done with your frozen concoction, you can scrape the pineapple from the inside with a spoon to enjoy a mix of pineapple and Frozen Bahama Madness.
Here is what you will need.
- 2 oz Dark Rum (We use Sailor Jerry
- 2 oz Coconut Rum (We use Blue Chair Bay)
- 1 oz Banana Liqueur
- 1 oz Apricot Brandy
- 2 oz Orange Juice
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice ( or Pineapple Chunks )
- 1 oz Grenadine
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 Cup Ice. Use 2 Cups if you want to cut the sweetness a bit and get more out of the batch. This is what I did in the video.
- 1 Pineapple, Cored (Optional but suggested).
- You can see our video on how to Make Your Own Pineapple Cup here.
The quick version is to cut the top off your pineapple and core it out. Then, remove the hard center, freeze, and it is ready.
- Put the ice in the blender's pitcher. Then add all ingredients to the pitcher. Blend! Blend! Blend!
- Pour into your pineapple, add a straw, find a hammock or beach, and enjoy.
What did you think of Island Jay's Frozen Bahama Madness? Share your comments below.